This article enumerates the qualifications for upgrading to Professional Electrical Engineer (PEE). You can download also the free Technical Engineering Report (TER).
Update 1: This useful website tackles the author’s experience on road to becoming a PEE. You can download also his TER for free by signing up to the website.
Update 2: Another sample Technical Engineering Report (TER) entitled “Assessment of Electrical System of the Pagamutan ng Dasmarinas” you can download through this link.
A. Qualifications for Registration as Professional Electrical Engineer (PEE)
- Citizen of the Philippines
- Of good reputation with high moral values
- Has not been finally convicted by the court of an offense involving moral turpitude
- Holder of the degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from a university, school, college, academy or institute duly constituted, recognized and accredited by the Philippine Government
- A registered electrical engineer (REE) with valid certificate of registration and professional license and with four (4) years or more of active practice reckoned from the date of his registration as registered electrical engineer.
B. Practice of Electrical Engineering
- Consultation, investigation, valuation and management of services requiring electrical engineering knowledge;
- Design and preparation of plans, specifications and estimates for electric power systems, power plants, power distribution system including power transformers, transmission lines and network protection, switchgear, building wiring, electrical machines, equipment and others;
- Supervision of erection, installation, testing and commissioning of power plants, substation, transmission lines, industrial plants and others;
- Supervision of operation and maintenance of electrical equipment in power plants, industrial plants, watercrafts, electric locomotive and others;
- Supervision on the manufacture and repair of electrical equipment including switchboards, transformers, generators, motors, apparatus and others;
- Teaching of electrical engineering professional subject; and
- Taking charge of the sale and distribution of electrical equipment and systems requiring engineering calculations or applications of engineering data.
C. Requirements for Registration as PEE
- PRC Application Form (PRC Form No. 101)
- Permanent Registration Record Card (PRC Form No. 203)
- Proof of Philippine Citizenship, e.g., Certificate of Naturalization, Voter’s Affidavit/ID Card, Philippine Passport/VISA
- Certificate of Live Birth and/or marriage contract (if applicant is a married female)
- NBI Clearance
- Valid Certificate of Registration and a Valid Professional License as a Registered Electrical Engineer.
- Certificate of Experience PRC Form No. 104 ( Revised August ’95) duly accomplished and certified under oath. This service record shall be reckoned from the date the applicant took oath as an REE ( or ASSO EE or ASST EE).
- Technical Report / Thesis / Dissertation Paper
- Affidavit signed by three licensed professional electrical engineers to the effect that the experience record submitted by the applicant is factual and that the technical paper submitted was actually and solely prepared by the applicant.
- Brief description of the most significant and outstanding achievement/contribution of the applicant in the field of electrical engineering. The interview shall be scheduled as often as required throughout the year, and may be held at the head office in Manila or in the PRC Regional Offices when the number of applicants for PEE would justify the funds requirements for at least two members of the Board to conduct the interview or oral examination.
D. Elements of the Technical Report
- Title Page
- Letter of Transmittal
- Table of Contents, List of Tables, Chars, Drawings, ect.
- Body Text
- Conclusion / Recommendations
- Bibliography / References
- Affidavit of Sole Authorship
- Affidavit of PEE1
- Affidavit of PEE2
- Affidavit of PEE3
- Curriculum Vitae (with ID Picture)